Shipping and Pre-order FAQ
Will I have to pay import duties?
NO! All products ship within Canada, from Canadian warehouses!
How do pre-orders work?
BoxThrones are big and heavy, so it's difficult for us to keep them in a warehouse. Instead, we operate on a pre-order basis and BoxThrones are made to order once every few months.
We have production "waves" where we pre-sell a limited amount of products before or after the boat has left, and it arrives in the Canada about 2 months after pre-orders close.
Current timeline (Wave 5):
- Pre-orders close: September 30
- Manufacturing: September 30 - October 15
- Shipping to Canada: October 15 - November 15
- Delivery to customers: November 15 - November 30
Wave 4 timeline:
- Pre-orders close: July 31
- Manufacturing: July 31 - August 18
- Shipping to Canada: August 18 - August 31
- Delivery to customers: September 1 - September 15
Wave 3 timeline:
- Pre-orders close: May 15
- Manufacturing: May 15 - July 15
- Shipping to Canada: July 15 - August 20
- Delivery to customers: August 20 - August 31
What is your refund policy?
Because of the expense in shipping BoxThrones (we're sending hefty metal furniture across the world!), we cannot accept returns unless they are due to our mistake in picking/shipping (i.e., you received the wrong item or color in your order). We will send you a return label in this case and then reship the correct item to you once the incorrect item has been returned to UPS/Purolator.