Shipping and Pre-order FAQ
Will I have to pay import duties?
NO! All products ship within Canada, from Canadian warehouses!
How do pre-orders work?
BoxThrones are big and heavy, so it's difficult for us to keep them in a warehouse. Instead, we operate on a pre-order basis and BoxThrones are made to order once every few months.
We have production "waves" where we pre-sell a limited amount of products before or after the boat has left, and it arrives in the Canada about 2 months after pre-orders close.
Current timeline (Wave 6):
CURRENT STATUS: Taking pre-orders
- Pre-orders close: November 30
- Manufacturing: November 30 - December 30
- Shipping to Canada: January 5 - February 15
- Delivery to customers: February 15 - February 28
Wave 5 timeline:
CURRENT STATUS: Manufacturing
- Pre-orders close: September 30
- Manufacturing: September 30 - October 25
- Shipping to Canada: October 25 - November 30
- Delivery to customers: November 30 - December 15
Wave 4 timeline:
CURRENT STATUS: Packing at Factory
- Pre-orders closed: July 31
- Manufacturing: July 31 - September 15
- Shipping to Canada: September 15 - October 25
- Delivery to customers: October 25 - October 31
Wave 3 timeline:
CURRENT STATUS: Shipping to customers from warehouse
- Pre-orders close: May 15
- Manufacturing: May 15 - July 15
- Shipping to Canada: July 15 - August 20
- Delivery to customers: August 20 - September 17
What is your refund policy?
Because of the expense in shipping BoxThrones (we're sending hefty metal furniture across the world!), we cannot accept returns unless they are due to our mistake in picking/shipping (i.e., you received the wrong item or color in your order). We will send you a return label in this case and then reship the correct item to you once the incorrect item has been returned to UPS/Purolator.